Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Featured Seller: Giggling Goldfish


Todays Featured Seller is Giggling Goldfish. They can be found at http://gigglinggoldfish.etsy.com/


Tell me a little about yourself, your store and what you sell.

I am now a SAHM with two beautiful daughters and a 16 month old adorable little boy.
My goal is to make those fun little treasures that will be played with and held onto forever for both boys and girls. I love to create fun but useful items that will kids will have a blast playing with and can learn from as well. We just won’t tell them that.

How long have you been making the craft/art that you sell? What started your interest in it? How did you learn?

I come from a family of artists and have been creating ever since I can remember. I have been creating and selling many different items for pretty much half of my life and couldn't imagine having it any other way. Although I have taken classes and courses here and there, I am pretty much self taught, but do like to read up on new techniques whenever I can.

What made you decide to turn your art/craft into a business? What support or inspiration have you had along the way?

I think I was hooked when I started selling lemonade on our street corner when I was growing up. I love to mingle with people and there isn’t much greater than selling something that people really like! Growing up my family had woodworking shops, antiques shops, and used to sell their items all over so there has always been a lot of support from all of my family. As for inspiration… my kids inspire me tremendously! My daughter and my son bring so much color and life into the things I create.

Do you have any other hobbies / interests?

I love music, reading, love to be outdoors and really enjoy reconstructing little things I find into useful pieces. I am interested in probably too much…it is hard sometimes to stay focused because there are too many new things that I want to learn.

How long have you been selling on Etsy? Do you sell full or part time?

I have been selling on Etsy since December 2007. I am now starting to sell on a full-time basis.

Do you sell outside of Etsy? If so where?

I sell here locally, as well as Handmade Fuzion, Lollishops, ICraft, and will be continuing to look for other avenues.

What is your favourite way to promote your Etsy store?

My favorite way to promote Etsy is in person. I am either wearing something I created or one or both of my kids are either wearing or using something I created. It is a nice way to get to go into detail about Etsy and about the items I create.

Do you have a blog? If so what is your blog address, and what do you feature / write about?

I do not have a blog at the moment, but do have two awesome designers that are designing our website right now that will include a blog page.


Where do you hope to see your business / Etsy store in the future?

Happily continuing on my creative journey…selling in hopefully my own B &M, and having my items treasured by many many kids.


If you would like to be a featured seller on Everything Etsy please email us at everythingetsy@yahoo.com

Melanie
http://greenfieldsoaps.etsy.com/





2 comments:

Brandye said...

That's a great shop and a wonderful feature! Glad I saw it on Twitter. Bravo!

Pam Hawk said...

I just love her bright happy colors!

And I'm so envious - a SAHM who is selling wonderful things full time.
Best wishes to Giggling Goldfish!